Monday, April 14, 2008

By the time I got home from work,ate and cleaned up it was 8pm. So, I took apart the shelter to look at yesterday’s butt joint. Much better than the first! Still some bubbles but nowhere near the moon surface of yesterday!!

So, I decided to trim down the edges to be very close to the finished size. My plan is to then use the finished side piece as a template to follow with an edge trimming router bit to bring everything down to the same size.

I laid the finished piece on top of the rough cut one.

Then, I built a little end alignment jig to butt both ends against…

With everything lined up, supported and tacked down I trimmed to within 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch along the length and unaligned end. The jigsaw with the fine blade did a good job with almost no splinters.

Vacuumed up the sawdust and called it a night.



Leave a comment

Filed under Cutting and shaping, Glassing, Layout, Tools

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s