Bottom Up

2/80

I spent a couple of hours Friday night getting the bottom on the bulkheads, lining it up with the centre lines, drilling holes and tying it all together with plastic zip ties.

I also planed the mess on the stem … getting rid of a ton of thickened hardened epoxy and the extra bit of the side panels that protrudes past the stem. I do love handplanes!

I also used a cabinet scraper to get rid of some epoxy off the side panels and bulkhead framing. That is another great tool, one that I had never used before. Doesn’t get much simpler than a flat piece of steel!

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Assembly, Tools

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s