Tuesday May 20, 2008

1/105

I didn’t do too much tonight.

Cameron came out and helped me by crawling under the boat and removing all the masking tape along the seams and then he was put to work removing some of the screws that will be in the way when I start glassing the seams.

I cleaned off the bottom and bilge panels hanging over the transom. I got a bit carried away trying to saw the transom off with one of my japanese saws and cut into the transom. That required filling. After I finished planing everything down it was apparent that the epoxy I tried to force in along the bottom joint had left a gap about 1/8 of an inch deep. So, I mixed up some epoxy, painted it and then thickened it and filed the gap. Before doing so I used the Japanese saw to rough up the gap. Went around and filled nail holes, etc. while I had the epoxy handy.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Cutting and shaping

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s